Terms and Conditions
‘Owners’ means BARON GROUP LTD. Applicants’ means clients applying to rent a property. Tenants’ means Applicants when they have taken up residence. ‘Owners Booking Form’ means the Booking Form (hard copy or electronic) specified by the Owners to be used by all Applicants.
What form of payment method can I use when booking?
At the moment our system only accepts Visa and MasterCard credit card bookings online directly from our website. There is no charge for this.
What are your terms for paying the deposit and the balance of the booking?
When you make a booking with us online, you will be asked to pay a deposit of 25% of the total price.
Once you’ve paid the deposit, you will receive a confirmation email for your booking and it will explain that the balance will be debited from your account 30 days before arrival from the credit on file.
This payment will show on your card statement as being made to Baron Group Dublin.
Baron Holiday Homes does not make any additional charges for card payments.
We ask guests who make a booking less than 30 days before arrival to pay the full booking price.
Applicants can reserve property by e-mail, or online on our website www.baronholidayhomes.com, but the Owners accept no liability whatsoever for such reservations. Applicants should note that no contract for any property exists between them and the Owners until the Applicants have received the written confirmation by Owners.
3. The Offer by The Applicants
The offer by the Applicants: Bookings may be accepted online or in writing when all questions have been answered satisfactorily. Unless otherwise agreed, for bookings made more than 4 weeks prior to the tenancy commencement date a deposit of 25% of the rent must be delivered with the booking. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the commencement date the full rent together with any additional charges must be paid at the time of delivery of the booking.
4. Acceptance by the Owners
Following receipt by the Owners’ Booking Form as above, the Owners will accept or reject the Applicant’s offer and, in the event of acceptance, will notify confirmation of such acceptance to the Applicants, whereupon a contract will exist between the Owners and the Applicants which will be subject to these conditions. Should the property booked become unavailable in circumstances beyond our control; the Owners reserve the right to provide accommodation of a similar standard on the Island without liability to them.
5. Final Payment
Once the Owners booking confirmation is forwarded, the Applicants are liable for the payment of the rent, or balance thereof, together with any additional charges, not later than 4 weeks before the start date of the tenancy. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the Owners may re-let the property without reference to the Applicants who remain liable for payment of the full amount on the same basis as in the event of cancellation (see 5 below).
We strongly advise all guests to purchase travel insurance to ensure protection in case you need to cancel your holiday.
All requests to cancel a booking must be made in writing and must be signed by the person who made the booking. You must then post or email the request to Baron Holiday Homes. (See the Contact Us page on our website.)
If your request to cancel your booking is received more than 180 days before the booking was due to start, we will refund your deposit in full.
Requests to cancel a booking received between 30 and 179 days before the booking was due to start will incur a penalty charge of 10% of the deposit. The remainder of the deposit will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let for the full period of the intended stay.
Requests to cancel a booking received less than 30 days before the booking was due to start will incur a penalty charge of 10% of the whole amount already paid.
The remainder of the deposit will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let for the full period of the intended stay.
7. Method of Payment
Payment may be made directly from our website by Visa or Master Credit Card or by Bank Transfer.
8. Booking Contract
The Applicant acknowledges responsibility for all the details given on the booking form or, in case of an email, for all details written therein on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property for the period for which it has been booked and that all those persons are aware of the Booking Conditions. The Applicant shall be a member of the party occupying the property and be over the age of 18 years, and is/are required to acknowledge the following:
- The property details state the maximum number of persons permitted to occupy the property and grounds and the applicant commits himself to the number of persons staying at the property or at any time using the property’s facilities under this booking Any breach of this provision will constitute a breach of contract whereupon the Owners may use credit card (as per security letter) to charge extra any amount he deems right or, at his sole discretion, may even terminate the booking forthwith in which event all monies paid by the Applicant will be forfeited.
- One Folding Bed, One Cot and a Highchair are available on request, normally free of charge unless otherwise advised by us. Please book these in advance to get a written confirmation as the availability is on a first come first serve basis. Any further additional items also need to be confirmed in writing and the following extra charges apply:
Folding bed x 1 €10 per night Baby Cot x 1 €5 per night High Chair x 1 €3 per night
- The Owners reserve the right to refuse admittance to any party if in the Owner’s absolute opinion the Applicant or any person of the group is unsuitable for the property due to age, ill health, disability, inexperience or any other good and proper reason not otherwise being a breach of these conditions. In such an event, all sums paid by the Applicant shall be repaid in full and the Contract shall be discharged without further liability on either party.
- The Owners reserve the right to re-possess the property at any time where damage has been caused by the Applicant or any member of the group or in the Owner’s absolute opinion is likely to be caused by the Applicant or any member of the group or other person visiting the property at the invitation of any such person. In such an event, the Owners shall not be liable to make any refund whatsoever.
Bookings will not be made from applicants under the age of 18 years.
10. The Tenancy
This agreement is made on the basis that the property is to be occupied by the Tenant on short let for a holiday and the Tenant acknowledges that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
11. Tenants’ Obligations
The Tenants agree:
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property including contents excluding reasonable wear and tear.
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. A fixed charge of €100 applies if property is left in a very untidy state and complete disorder.
- To permit the Owners and any Agents or Licensees reasonable access to the property.
- Not to part with possession of the Property or share it except with members of the party.
- Not to cause any annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises.
- Loud music or noise is strictly not permitted at any time during tenancy and the property is not to be used for parties or similar events. Any breach of this provision will constitute a breach of contract whereupon the Owners may terminate the booking forthwith in which case all monies paid by the Applicant will be forfeited.
- The use of the property or any amenity that may be provided by the Owners are entirely at the Tenant’s risk and no responsibility will be accepted by the owners for any loss, damage or injury to persons who make use of them or any belongings of the persons who use them.
- All cars and other vehicles are parked entirely at the Tenant’s risk. The Owners can take no responsibility for any loss or damage to any car, vehicle or any contents thereof. Common areas at most of our properties are monitored by a 24 hour security cameras for your own safety.
- Whilst the Owners will endeavor to return any baggage or personal property left behind after the holiday (subject to a charge which may be deducted from the Security Deposit) they can take no responsibility in respect thereof.
- The Tenant must be entirely responsible for the safety of any children staying in the property as part of the group or at their invitation.
- The owners can take no responsibility for any loss or injury to any pet that uses the property. Whilst swimming pools are cleaned once a week with certified materials, the use of swimming pools is entirely at the Tenant’s risk. In particular all children should be properly supervised at all times by the Tenant.
12. General House Rules and Policies
What are the check-in/check-out rules?
Check-in is at 3pm and check-out at 11am. These cannot be changed unless approval in writing is given by Baron Holiday Homes.
We reserve the right to charge a minimum amount of the same value of one night paid by a guest for any unauthorised early arrival/late departure.
On check-out we ask guests to please switch off lights, leave both keys on kitchen table and close all doors and windows. Our staff have their own keys.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is not permitted inside any of our rental properties.
However, you are allowed to smoke in the outside areas.
Can we have a party in the property?
No more than the agreed amount of persons (as per the booking) are allowed at the property at any time.
Our properties are not suited for Hen or Stag parties.
Loud music and/or excessive noise is strictly not permitted at any time during the rental period and the property is not to be used for parties or similar events.
In particular, we would request no loud music outside, by the pool.
Gozo is a small island and our properties are often located near to local residents. We ask our guests to respect the need to be good neighbours in the local community for the duration of their stay.
14. Non-availability of Property
If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is not available on the date booked (owing to fire damage for example) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Applicant will be refunded in full but the Applicant shall have no further claim against the Owners.
All complaints should be notified to the Owners immediately as they arise, so that the matter can be investigated in good time and, if necessary, remedial action taken. In no circumstances will compensation be paid in respect of complaints raised after the tenancy has ended when the Tenant has not drawn the matter to the Owner’s attention, or has denied the Owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint in order to put the matter right during the tenancy.
Can we bring our pet dog?
Pets are only allowed on request. If bringing your pet dog is important to you then we strongly advise that you contact us as soon as you can before you make a booking. We will then provide written authorization.
We have three properties that are considered ‘pet friendly’, all located in the village of Xaghra: The Blue House; Ta Leli; and Ta Salvu.
For bookings with pets an extra charge of $100 applies to the total cost of your accommodation to cover the cost of the extra cleaning required for the property before the next guests arrive.
Additionally, Baron Holiday Homes reserves the right to increase the amount of the Security Deposit in Clause 18 of the Booking Conditions from €200 to €500.
If authorized, guests must bring a pet basket to the property. Pets are not allowed to lie on the bedding or chairs.
• Pets must not be left unattended in properties, or elsewhere.
An inventory is available with each property. Any discrepancy with the inventory must be reported to the Owner’s within 24 hours of arrival, otherwise it will be assumed that the inventory is correct.
18. Security Deposit
When do I pay the security deposit?
At present, when you make a booking online with us, you will be informed about the fully refundable security deposit of €200 that is due on your arrival.
On arrival at your Baron Holiday Home, we take payment with a credit card machine and we provide a receipt to be signed.
Your credit card details are then stored and the amount released/refunded? within 14-28 days of the transaction.
19. Arrival Instructions
Around 4 weeks before you arrive we will send you an email with all the information you need about getting to your Baron Holiday Home – including the full address of the property, directions on how to get there, and the contact number of the person who will meet you. You will be instructed to call from on board the ferry if arriving before 9pm.
If you have booked a direct transfer from the airport with a driver – our driver will meet you at Malta Airport and will accompany you direct to your rental property. He/she will have keys. The car hire will be delivered and picked up from the holiday home free of charge.
We try to meet all our guests for check in, except those that will be arriving after 9pm. We strongly advise you to book our direct transfer service as we don’t meet our guests at the property after this time. (See Getting To Gozo on our website for details.)
If you choose to arrive at the property on your own after 9pm hours – we will send you directions to the house and a 4-digit code to access the key safe holder at the door to the property, however if you have difficulty finding the house after this hour, you can reach us on mobile: 356 99660014/ 356 99440014 and a charge flat fee of €50 will apply.
Our representatives will than visit you at your rental property within 24 hours to help you with any issues concerning the property and can also help with booking tours and activities to make your Gozo experience a memorable one.
Please note: We are hoping to develop an app that guests can download to their smartphones which will provide not just details of their booking, but also, check-in and check-out information, directions, and useful information about what to do and see on Gozo.
The Owners representatives/maintenance staff shall be allowed access to the properties at any reasonable time during the tenancy.
21. Breach of Contract
If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to any other rights and remedies available to the Owners.
In the event of a discrepancy between these Booking Conditions and any other contents of any brochure, these conditions shall prevail.
23. Malta Eco Tax
Effective for guest staying from 1st June 2016, payable by all tourists from the age of 18 and over. €0.50c per person for each night spent on the Maltese Islands for types of accomodation, such as hotels, guest houses, hostels, resorts, timeshare & host families, among others. Capped at a maximum of €5 for each continuous stay. This is paid locally and collected at check in by one of our staff.