How Baron Holiday Homes is improving its customer service – your questions answered
Posted in Art
All of us at Baron Holiday Homes are dedicated to ensuring that our guests have the best possible holiday on Gozo at one of our rental properties. We strive to offer an excellent level of customer service every step of the way – from the time of your booking right through to your departure.
We understand our guests will have different needs and may want answers to particular questions before they decide to holiday with us. To help with this, we are working hard to provide a more comprehensive range of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on our website.
In the meantime, our Reservations Manager, Donald Said, has put together some extra information on bookings, payments, property rules, and policies that we hope will be useful.
Bookings and fees
How do I find prices for Baron Holiday Homes rental properties?
- When searching for a property on our website (https://www.baronholidayhomes.com/rentals/rentalsearch/), the starting prices for each property are given.
- To find the actual price for your potential booking, please make sure you enter your dates and number of persons in the property page the form on the right-hand side of the page.
What form of payment method can I use when booking?
- At the moment our system only accepts Visa and Mastercard credit card bookings online. There is no charge for this.
What are your terms for paying the deposit and the balance of the booking?
- When you make a booking with us online, you will be asked to pay a deposit of 25% of the total price.
- Once you’ve paid the deposit, you will receive a confirmation email for your booking and it will explain that the balance will be debited from your account 30 days before arrival from the credit on file.
- This payment will show on your card statement as being made to Baron Group Dublin.
- Baron Holiday Homes does not make any additional charges for card payments.
- We ask guests who make a booking less that 30 days before arrival to pay the full booking price.
What is included as standard in the price for each property?
- The price charged for our properties includes:
– Utilities: electricity, water and gas.
– Air-Conditioning units (if listed). In some properties and windows have sensors and if these are left open for more than 4 minutes, the AC unit will turn off automatically.
– Air-Conditioning units on a pay as you go system. Some properties have electronic coin machines with a credit display and take €1 and €2 coins. Each AC bedroom unit consumes around €2 per night. Larger AC units in living rooms will consume more.
– Free Wi-Fi is provided at around 60MBps (depending on provider).
– Bath Robes (if listed in the amenities section of the particular property).
– Pool cleaning before every new booking and weekly thereafter.
– Final cleaning, although the property cannot be left in a complete disorder and we reserve the right to charge if necessary (Terms & Conditions).
– A maid service (see below) and 24-hour maintenance service.
Do you offer a cleaning service?
- Baron Holiday Homes offers guests a range of cleaning services dependent on length of stay –
0-6nights: maid service/towels and bed linen replacement is available at an extra charge.
7 nights: semi-service* after x3 nights (excluding apartments with a shared pool)
8-11 nights: x1 Full service** after x4 nights.
10-11 nights: x1 Full service after x5 nights.
12-14 nights: x1semi-service after x3 nights, x1 full service after 7 nights, x1 semi-service after 10 nights.
* Semi-service includes: Changing towels, cleaning all bathrooms, remaking the beds.
** Full service includes: Cleaning house completely, changing towels and bed linen.
What comes as standard equipment in all properties?
- Kitchen: Coffee maker, dishwasher, utensils, cutlery and crockery, hob, oven, fridge, freezer, tea towels.
- Bedrooms: Bed linen, duvets and 2 pillows per person.
- Bathrooms: Hand towel, floor mat, starting pack toilet paper rolls, hand soap.
x1 bath towel and x1 pool towel per person (NB: no towels to be used at the beach.)
- Entertainment: Cable TV, free WiFi connection.
- Other items: Washing machine, iron, ironing board, hair dryer.
Please note: The electrical supply is 230 volts /- 10%. The frequency of the supply is 50 hertz. The British three-pin rectangular plug system is used. Adapters are not included in the property but are available to buy at any local supermarkets
We are travelling with an infant, can we book a cot and high chair?
- If you are travelling with an infant under 2 years of age please make sure you let us know well in advance in writing so we can ensure availability of cots etc.
- Subject to availability, we can provide x1 folding bed (roll away bed), x1 baby cot and x1 high chair free of charge with each booking – but you must confirm your request in writing to us.
- Additional items are available at an extra charge as follows: 2ndfolding bed at €10 per night; 2nd baby cot at €5 per night; and 2nd high chair at €5 per night.
How can I book book extra services and activities?
- Baron Holiday Homes is happy to help you enjoy your holiday on Gozo and we make sure our representatives provide you with all the information you need about our in house services, our wide range of activities on the island and things to see.
- Our blog post Make The Most of Your Gozo Holiday provides an outline of the different In-house services we offer, including relaxation therapies, champagne and flowers, and welcome packs.
- For our Chef service, please be aware there is only one chef available so we recommend you contact us as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- You can contact us by email or by mobile phone (all contact details are provided in each of our properties).
Are any of your properties wheelchair-accessible?
At present there are no ramps at any of our rental properties but we do have a property which has a ground-floor bedroom and few stairs, please enquire for more information.
Can I add extra people to a booking?
- During our high season (15 July – 31 August) the rate is standard for maximum occupancy of each property.
- During the rest of the year, rates are worked out per person and our system will quote according to the number of persons entered. The range is from €10 per person per night in a villa with a pool to €5 per person per night in the apartments with a shared pool.
- Should you require extra bedding please enter amount in the comments section when making a booking and we will confirm by email.
- There is no charge for children under the age of two, but please list them in the comments box when making a booking.
Do you have a minimum and maximum booking policy?
- There is no maximum booking limit.
- Different periods have different minimum nights of stay. Our range starts from a minimum of x2 nights during winter to minimum x7 nights during the high summer season.
- To check minimum nights please enter your holiday dates and number of persons in the ‘Properties’ section of the website to receive either a quote for exact price if minimum nights is reached, or a message informing you of the minimum nights required for a booking – https://www.screencast.com/t/CkLrA9O2Y.
- To book less than the minimum nights, please check the availability calendar for gaps that might be available. Shorter stays are also available up to three weeks before your arrival date – send us an email by clicking on the Contact Us button located in the bottom of the website page.
Is it possible to stay in two different villas during my holiday?
- Yes, it is possible to book two different properties – depending on availability.
- We can also help with the move from one property to the other.
When do I pay the security deposit?
- At present, when you make a booking online with us, you will be informed about the security deposit of €200 that is due on your arrival.
- On arrival at your Baron Holiday Home, we take payment with a credit card machine and we provide a receipt to be signed.
- Your credit card details are then stored and the amount released/refunded? within 14-28 days of the transaction.
To streamline this process and make it more secure for our guests we are working to enable payment of the security deposit online via our booking system – so your credit card details will not need to be printed out and stored on paper.
When do I receive arrival information and directions?
- Around 4 weeks before you arrive we will send you an email with all the information you need about getting to your Baron Holiday Home – including the full address of the property, directions on how to get there, and the contact number of the person who will meet you. You will be instructed to call from on board the ferry if arriving before 9pm.
- If you have booked a direct transfer from the airport with a driver – our driver will meet you at Malta Airport and will accompany you direct to your rental property. He/she will have keys. The car hire will be delivered and picked up from the holiday home free of charge.
- We try to meet all our guests for check in, except those that will be arriving after 9pm. We strongly advise you to book our direct transfer service as we don’t meet our guests at the property after this time. (See Getting To Gozo on our website for details.)
- If you choose to arrive at the property on your own after 9pm hours – we will send you directions to the house and a 4-digit code to access the key safe holder at the door to the property, however if you have difficulty finding the house after this hour, you can reach us on mobile: 356 99660014/ 356 99440014 and a charge flat fee of €50 will apply.
- Our representatives will than visit you at your rental property within 24 hours to help you with any issues concerning the property and can also help with booking tours and activities to make your Gozo experience a memorable one.
Please note: We are hoping to develop an app that guests can download to their smartphones which will provide not just details of their booking, but also, check-in and check-out information, directions, and useful information about what to do and see on Gozo.
What is your cancellation policy?
- We strongly advise all guests to purchase travel insurance to ensure protection in case you need to cancel your holiday.
- All requests to cancel a booking must be made in writing and must be signed by the person who made the booking. You must then post or email the request to Baron Holiday Homes. (See the Contact Us page on our website.)
- If your request to cancel your booking is received more than 180 days before the booking was due to start, we will refund your deposit in full.
- Requests to cancel a booking received between 30 and 179 days before the booking was due to start will incur a penalty charge of 10% of the deposit. The remainder of the deposit will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let for the full period of the intended stay.
- Requests to cancel a booking received less than 30 days before the booking was due to start will incur a penalty charge of 10% of the whole amount already paid.
- The remainder of the deposit will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let for the full period of the intended stay.
How do I make a complaint?
- We urge guests to let us know immediately when a problem or issue arises. We will make every effort to put things right.
- Baron Holiday Homes staff are available 24/7 via a mobile number or email and we strive to respond to any complaints on the same day.
- If the complaint involves a repair to any facilities or equipment then our maintenance team may have to call the next day.
- Refunds are made on a pro-rata, per-night basis.
General House Rules & Policies
What are the check-in/check-out rules?
- Check-in is at 3pm and check-out at 11am. These cannot be changed unless approval in writing is given by Baron Holiday Homes.
- We reserve the right to charge a minimum amount of the same value of one night paid by a guest for any unauthorised early arrival/late departure.
- On check-out we ask guests to please switch off lights, leave both keys on kitchen table and close all doors and windows. Our staff have their own keys.
Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of our rental properties.
- However, you are allowed to smoke in the outside areas.
Can we have a party in the property?
- No more than the agreed amount of persons (as per the booking) are allowed at the property at anytime.
- Our properties are not suited for Hen or Stag parties.
- Loud music and/or excessive noise is strictly not permitted at any time during the rental period and the property is not to be used for parties or similar events.
- In particular, we would request no loud music outside, by the pool.
- Gozo is a small island and our properties are often located near to local residents. We ask our guests to respect the need to be good neighbours in the local community for the duration of their stay.
Do you have a waste and/or recycling service?
- The local authorities require people to separate glass and organic waste.
- We ask guests to read the instructions about waste and recycling which we provide to each property, including days of collection.
- We provide special bags and have installed hooks on the outside walls to ensure bags are kept out of the reach of local cats and dogs.
Are there any mosquitoes on Gozo?
- Gozo does have mosquitoes but luckily they do not carry any infectious disease.
- We recommend that you try to keep mosquitoes out of the rental property by using the screens and keeping windows and doors closed when you go out.
- We also advise spraying insect repellent in the house just before you go out for the day.
- If you are outside in the evening we recommend you purchase citronella candles and mosquito repellent from any of Gozo’s local supermarkets.
Can we bring our pet dog?
- Pets are only allowed on request. If bringing your pet dog is important to you then we strongly advise that you contact us as soon as you can before you make a booking. We will then provide written authorization.
- We have three properties that are considered ‘pet friendly’, all located in the village of Xaghra: The Blue House; Ta Leli; and Ta Salvu.
- For bookings with pets an extra charge of $100 applies to the total cost of your accommodation to cover the cost of the extra cleaning required for the property before the next guests arrive.
- Additionally, Baron Holiday Homes reserves the right to increase the amount of the Security Deposit in Clause 18 of the Booking Conditions from €200 to €500.
- If authorized, guests must bring a pet basket to the property. Pets are not allowed to lie on the bedding or chairs.
- Pets must must not be left unattended in properties, or elsewhere.
- All pet litter must be removed by tenant and we reserve the right to charge if any litter is found inside the property.
Ask us for help
Baron Holiday Homes is happy to organise car hire, tours of Gozo, and special activities for our guests Things to do in Gozo. Just get in touch and we’ll tell you all you need to know about walks near to your rental property, special events in villages nearby, and other local information.