Header photo credit: Christine Schembri
People come to Gozo for a variety of reasons – to enjoy the Mediterranean sun, to explore the sights, to experience a village festa, indulge in outdoor activities, and to simply relax with family and friends.
With more than 20 years’ experience in providing high quality self-catering apartments, villas and farmhouses on Gozo, Baron Holiday Homes understands that your time away on holiday is precious and you want to make the most of every single minute here – that’s why we created the Baron Experience.
Our services start from the moment you book a Baron Holiday Home property and go way beyond the provision of rental accommodation.
We are proud to offer guests true value for money with our Best Price Guarantee, and our team of local staff are on hand to help with everything from car hire and airport transfers to booking an exciting range of cultural and outdoor activities on Gozo.
We also offer a great range of in-house services, including poolside massage and private chef, designed to help make your Gozo holiday truly memorable.
You benefit from booking directly with Baron Holiday Homes
At Baron Holiday Homes we are always keen to create special offers and added value for our guests whenever we can. Our latest offer is free early check-in and late check-out all year round for guests who book directly with us rather than through a third-party bookings site, subject to availability.
Our normal check-in time is 3pm and check-out is at 11am. Unauthorised early arrivals or late departures are usually subject to a charge equivalent to the cost of one night’s accommodation.
However, we are pleased to offer our guests the chance to make the most of their Gozo holiday by extending free check-in and check-out times as long as there is a minimum of 48 hours between bookings for that property to allow for cleaning and maintenance. Another great reason to book your Gozo holiday with us!
The Baron Best Price Guarantee
We are keen to ensure that our guests get the best price possible when booking a Baron Holiday Home on Gozo.
We therefore offer a Best Price Guarantee where we will match a price if you find lower rates for the same property on a different website or agency either just prior to, or immediately after you have booked with us.
Conditions apply, so please read the details on our website. If you do find a cheaper deal, then please immediately contact our Customer Service team.
The Harbour Holiday Home
Save money and get peace of mind with local car hire and airport transfers
As there is no airport on Gozo, we are very happy to organise airport transfers to your Baron Holiday Home. Our driver will meet you on arrival and travel with you on the ferry to your holiday home on Gozo, saving you time and hassle.
Guests often prefer to have a few days to settle in and we can then arrange for a hire car to be delivered direct to your holiday home. Booking a transfer can even save you money if you only want to hire a car for some of your stay.
We advise our guests that it is always cheaper to hire a car while on Gozo, as rental agencies at Malta airport can charge up to £1200 for a security deposit and you can wait a long time for service if the car breaks down.
Booking car hire through Baron Holiday Homes is not only cheaper (security deposit only costs €350) through our trusted local partner but guests will also benefit from speedy roadside assistance as the company is based on Gozo itself. See our 2018 rates here.
Our range of in-house services includes:
- Private chef: We can arrange for a local chef to prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a special celebration meal at your Baron Holiday Home. The chef cooks a wide range of dishes using local, seasonal ingredients and is happy to prepare some traditional Gozitan specialities.
- Special diets such as gluten free can be catered for, on request. This service is especially good value for large family groups, allowing the adults to spend more time with the family rather than on preparing meals.
Ta Kristoff Holiday Home
- Massage and facials: Our Baron Body Massages and Facials service can be booked via the Contact Us page on our website. And you can choose to have the massage indoors or by the pool if you prefer.
- Relaxation therapy: If you’re looking for something more than a simple massage, then you can book a session with our Hawaiian Massage practitioner who will come to your property. Lomi Lomi Nui is an ancient purifying technique to nurture the body, mind and spirit.
- Private yoga or meditation: We can also book a yoga or meditation session with a fully qualified local yoga instructor who will lead sessions for all levels of experience as well as for groups.
- Champagne surprise: We can help you celebrate a special date such as a birthday or anniversary while you’re on holiday on Gozo by delivering a bottle of chilled champagne, a bouquet of flowers, and a card.
- Welcome food pack: This service is ideal for guests who will be arriving at their Baron Holiday Home late in the day. You can choose various food items from our website and the pack will be delivered prior to your arrival.
Photo by Jaroslav Zacher taken during his holiday at Djar ta Menzja 2
Many facilities and services are available to guests as standard when you book a Baron Holiday Homes property on Gozo, including 24-hour maintenance service, and free Wi-Fi, which has been upgraded to extend to the pool areas. Please see our blog post on FAQs for full details.
New drinking water service
Visitors to Gozo need to buy bottled water when staying on the island as the tap water is not safe to drink. Baron Holiday Homes has recently introduced a new water service comprising 19-litre purified water dispensers that can be delivered to your rental property for just €5.00.
This not only provides greater convenience for guests but also helps to reduce plastic waste. The fully recyclable water dispensers can be ordered in advance at least one week before you arrive at your Baron Holiday Home using our special request form.
So – there are lots of good reasons to book your holiday on Gozo directly with Baron Holiday Homes. Why not take a look at our properties and start planning your next visit?
Ask us for help
Baron Holiday Homes is happy to help you enjoy your holiday on Gozo and we make sure our representative provides you with all the information you need about our in-house services and our wide range of activities on the island so you don’t miss out.
You can contact us by email or by mobile phone (all contact details are provided in each of our properties). Remember – we don’t want to intrude on your holiday but we’re in the background, ready to help with whatever you may need.
View all blog posts