We know that people visiting Gozo often fall in love with our beautiful gem of an island because they tend to come back for holidays time after time – some of our regular guests have been staying with us for more than ten years.
We also have a group of European ex-pats who have made Gozo their home and happily live here all year round. For others, Gozo has become a much-loved second home and they often invest in a property rather than booking a rental property every time they visit.
Our property management service
Those people who have already purchased a property on Gozo, or are perhaps considering buying a second home here, may be interested in Baron Holiday Homes’ property management service.
This service helps you profit from your Gozo property investment by renting it out when you don’t need it, and guarantees a monthly income.
- There are no upfront fees or monthly charges as we make our money from the rental of the unit.
- Applying for the property management service is easy – simply contact us by phone (+356 221556600), by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website contact page and we will organise a site visit straight away to check if your property meets the standard we require
- Contracts can be organised immediately since this is signed in house.
- If your property is in shell form we can sign a contract subject to the property being finished to our required standards and in an agreed time frame. We also offer assistance and advice on finishing the property to suit rental needs.
- Our minimum initial contract is for three years, which reflects our investment in time and money to set up a property.
- Long lets also confer tax benefits to property owners due to the fixed tax rate of 15% on the income.
- Since we sign contracts on the net amount rather than the gross, the tax levels are lower as each owner pays only on the actual profit they make.
- Contracts are normally signed by October so the agreement can start the following March, although we sometimes make exceptions, depending on the situation and condition of property.
- The Baron Holiday Homes team takes care of all services, including:
- Advice on how to upgrade your property to maximise income.
- Organising and paying for promotional photos of your property.
- Bookings and all communication with guests.
- Preparation of your property including maids, laundry, maintenance, pool care and a gardener.
- We offer protection against damage to your property:
- Guests must sign our standard contract at the booking stage which makes it clear that they are responsible for the property and any missing items.
- Guests must also sign a security deposit document on arrival and provide credit card details to cover any damage.
- Baron Holiday Homes is responsible for any damage not covered by the guest except for extraordinary repairs needed in property.
- We also have strict terms and conditions on noise levels at the property. No parties are allowed.
- We take care of all marketing activity for your property.
- Baron Holiday Homes has invested heavily in software which connects us to some of the biggest accommodation portals in the world.
- We also list the property on our own website, which receives tens of thousands of unique visitors a year from all over the world.
Properties are listed in the properties page on www.baronholidayhomes.com. Our website is visited more than 7,000 times every month.
- Baron Holiday Homes can guarantee property owners a monthly income because of the high levels of returning guests to Gozo and also the international partners we work with to market the properties.
- Your main contact for the service is Brian Meilak, Head of Administration. This means you will be talking to the main decision maker directly.
- We offer owners the possibility of selling their property with the rental agreement to be taken over by the new owner.
- You will be able to use your property for holidays either as a last minute booking free of charge (if the property is vacant); or by negotiating fixed dates each year when signing the contract.Baron Holiday Homes also offers good discounts to owners who want more flexibility on booking dates.
Benefits of buying a property from Baron Holiday Homes
As well as renting out property on Gozo we also offer select properties for sale. One of the main benefits of buying a property from Baron Holiday Homes direct is that we understand the rental market on Gozo and have expertise in the types of finishes and features a property needs in order to be attractive to guests. When investing in future property we are also very selective when it comes to location.
All the properties we have for sale are listed on our Facebook page. Do ‘like’ our Facebook page to keep up to date with our latest offers.
Exclusive buy to let offer on our Hillock Residences
We have an exclusive buy to let offer at our luxury development – The Hillock Residences in the popular fishing village of Marsalforn, on the north east coast of Gozo.
The offer is an opportunity to purchase a rental property at The Hillocks from Baron Holiday Homes and receive a guaranteed return of 5% of the purchase price over a minimum five-year period. And you can still enjoy an annual Gozo holiday at your property.
The Hillock Residences comprise a number of modern apartment blocks with 12 individual units per block, including one-, two- or three-bedroom apartments, with optional lock-up garages, or car spaces, and access to a communal swimming pool.
We have a small selection of apartments left that are already finished and fully furnished starting from €148,000. Alternatively, you can buy an apartment in advanced shell form with an option for tailor-made finishes. Prices start from €120,000 for a three-bedroom apartment.
One of the properties at the Hillock Residences
So, if you have already invested in a property on Gozo and are interested in hearing more about our property management service, or are interested in purchasing a buy to let apartment at The Hillock Residences – get in touch. There is still time to prepare the property for rental in Spring 2019.
View all blog posts